Stuck in the Relentless Squeeze of Caregiving
Stuck in the relentless squeeze of caregiving? You squint as you check the clock. It’s 4:03 a.m., the third time you’ve gotten up since midnight. You help your husband hook up his oxygen tank and nebulizer and patiently wait until he can breathe once again. You grab some precious sleep and hop out of bed an hour later. You pull on your clothes and the day’s schedule begins. Time to let the dog out, help your husband to the bathroom and think about breakfast. As you run through what’s doing for the day, you check supplies. Both disposable underwear and cream for coffee are running low. A trip to the store is added to your to-do list for the day. You help your husband out of the bathroom and back to his favorite chair, painfully aware that he is rapidly losing weight. It’s now 6:30 a.m. Your life feels like a marathon, and you are in training. You also wonder if you can keep up this fast, unending pace.
Relate to this scenario? You’ll know if you have caregiver fatigue if:
- you feel guilty about losing your temper
- you feel your life has been totally overwhelmed by a “must do” schedule
A few tips to help you move past this problem are:
- Remember that you do what you can and let the rest go.
- Enlist close friends, relatives and members of your church for respite. You too need some pampering, some self-care. A recharge of your batteries is critical, for you are the primary source of care.
- Look up a local caregiver support group. To know that others are in the same situation reduces feelings of isolation and self-pity.
- Know that what you do is probably never enough, and forgive yourself for the inevitable regrets.
But if you find yourself exhausted and walking into physical and mental walls, Unstuck Living can help you find relief in as quickly as 1-3 sessions 90% of the time. Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) is not therapy. It is an easy and tested method to help people move through old patterns and get unstuck. Everything you need to change your life is already within you. All you need is to have the tools to tap into those resources.
If you’re ready to relieve this intense pain in 1-3 sessions with an investment in you of $90 per session, call Joan Courtney at (928) 367-8208 or email her using the Contact Form on the website. Bringing over 30 years of experience to her practice, Joan is a highly qualified NLP Practitioner and a certified clinical hypnotherapist. Many have found her friendly ways and precise techniques to be the easiest road toward a better life.
Leave a Comment